Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Paris People

Coming back from Scotland last Monday, I brought Alex and Megan with me! Megan had a day and a half to spend here, and the volcanic ash (yes, it's still here!) finally permitted Alex to fly home Sunday. While they were here, we visited Versailles, went to the fondue place I have mentioned, a new club called Bus Palladium (free entry AND drinks for girls on Tuesday nights!), had Cinco de Mayo dinner at Arriba Mexico, went to Centre Pompidou, toured the Marais and had my favorite falafel sandwiches, went to Cafe Oz and (a new favorite) Le Violin Dingue for drinks and dancing, visited Sacre Coeur, and had a wonderful meal at Becca's host family's house for her birthday, to name a few things. I loved having them visit, and miss them already! It means so much to have friends who mean so much to me come and visit even when I live so far away. Also, I was able to meet up with a friend from high school who was visiting Paris, Ben Jackson! It was great to see him again and meet his roommate Rob while they were here.

Hall of Mirrors, Versailles.

Le Refuge des Fondues


Andrew's birthday was Saturday, so we spent the day in Champ de Mars, had dinner at Le Relais Gascon in Montmartre (best salads I have ever had, actually everyone said their food was fantastic), and went to Pointe Éphémère for drinks and dancing. Point Éphémère is a great concert venue/art exhibit/bar/club/house party type of place off of Canal St. Martin. It was such a fun place, and we want to go back to see some concerts (they have one nearly every day!). Happy Birthday, Andrew! I love you incredibly.

6 rue Fontaine, 9th arrondissement
Métro Pigalle

Le Violin Dingue
46 rue de la Montagne, 5th arrondissement
Métro Cardinal Lemoine

13 Rue Joseph de Maiste, 18th arrondissement
Métro Abbesses

Quai de Valmy, 10th arrondissement
Métro Jaurès

No comments:

Post a Comment