Tuesday, February 16, 2010

CARNAVAL!

Today was Carnaval!!! (or Mardi Gras to us Americans). All of the students at my school dressed up in costume like we would in America for Halloween. It was so funny to see them in costume because they really played the part of who they were trying to be. I saw groups of cowboys and Indians, Star Wars characters, cheerleaders, hippies, all kinds of animals, cross-dressers, etc. It reminded me a lot of high school the way I experienced it… fun events, crazy dress up days, and school spirit. A nice contrast to seeing the ever so serious French student everyday.

I dressed up as Fantastic Mr. Fox (I know, my costume is weak but remember that I live in France and my wardrobe consists of only black and gray!!!). These girls dressed up as Barbies and asked me to take a picture with them. It was only natural that next we all sang the “I’m a Barbie girl" song... while they filmed me! Watch out world -- I will soon be the next biggest YouTube star! (behind Glowpinkstah obviously).

No comments:

Post a Comment